As of July 1st, 2017 all foreigners will experience a rate increase from 600p a quarter to 15,000 – 17,000p per year.
Your wives can be covered under your new plan and children providing they are legally yours.. You will be asked to provide proof of this..
Your spouse can also keep her own plan at 600p per quarter which will not change for them.. Her children, or your step children will remain covered under the normal health plan for Filipinos.
In a meeting at the PhilHealth offices in Tagum city I attempted to get clarification on certain points for us..
These would be points of coverage, exclusions, preexisting conditions, maximum benefits per visit. .per year, payment plans that are acceptable under the new plan... ie monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual payments.. All of these points listed were referred to the Manila office..
Tomorrow I will speak with the Manila office in an attempt to get more details and clarification on this horrible change in the system.
Here is a link to Philhealth Circular # 2017-0003
- On July 1st all foreign nationals will be taken from their spouses policies and they will be required to apply for a new policy to retain health coverage.
- If you currently are covered by your spouse’s policy and your account is paid up you will not have a 6 month waiting period to receive benefit as would a new applicant.
- For this year you will pay ½ the year not the full year.
- The rate for foreigners will be 15,000 or 17,000 pesos annual benefit.
- You will be allowed to make quarterly payments